Business meetings are essential, and having a suitable setup can make or break their success. You probably have not put much thought into the dynamics of a correctly organized and designed space for your meetings. Still, if people are uncomfortable or unable to hear what is happening, your meeting will be a failure. This article will lay out a few tweaks you can make to your meeting space, so continue reading to find out how to optimize your time spent in meeting rooms.
First, you need to consider the type of setup that is best for your meetings. Whether you are setting up the space yourself or using a meeting room rental MA, consider the following options for organizing a room:
- If you are presenting or the focus needs to be on one side of the room, organize your seating in a u-shape that allows everyone to observe one end of the meeting room comfortably.
- The boardroom setup is suitable for meetings that involve 30 or more people. This method utilizes a long table with seating positioned all around it. If several people need to speak or hold a vote, the boardroom style is a safe choice.
- If you are training a large group of people, consider the classroom-style setup. Tables and chairs face one direction, allowing the focus to aim in one direction naturally.
- A square-shaped setup is excellent for large group discussions. Tables are set up in a square with seating on the outside. You can also have a presenter in the middle if need be.
- Banquet seating is suitable for small group discussions that need to collaborate occasionally.
Organizing your meeting space can maximize your workflow and get the plan across quickly without communication problems. Choosing the wrong configuration can leave your employees or clients in the dark, so make sure you put in the time to organize your space before important workplace gatherings.