Dolphin therapy what is? What is called dolphin treatment, what are useful, contraindications? How it is used, and the effectiveness of treatment. Dolphin therapy is one of the types of pet therapy (contact with pets) when communication with dolphins has a positive effect on the human psyche. A form of psychotherapy, it is used in conjunction with other therapies as a means of medical and psychological recovery after stressful other conditions.
What kind of creatures are dolphins?
From ancient times the dolphins that live in almost all the oceans of the world have been very peculiar creatures. Rather peaceful in relation to people. The myth of Orion has been known since ancient Greece. When he was returning home from Italy, the sailors decided to look for money to kill him. Before he died, the poet asked permission to sing and then jumped into the sea. The dolphin, which the song attracted, rescued the singer and carried him ashore.
Such cases are not uncommon these days, online you can find videos of dolphins rescuing people from sharks. In the last century, research on these mysterious creatures began in the United States, the Soviet Union, and other lands. According to scientific classification, they are carnivorous mammals of the genus White bird.
In adults, the brain weighs 1700 grams, but in humans, it is less than 1400. The brain narrowing is twice as big as in humans. Dolphins have their own “vocabulary” – they communicate with sounds. They have a beginning of self-awareness that allows them to show empathy. This explains their desire to save a helpless, drowning man.
Interesting! Since humanity has realized that communication with dolphins is useful, experts have developed special programs that justify the methods of psychological correction of personality in the treatment of dolphins.
What is dolphin treatment?
It has long been noticed that domestic animals have a positive effect on people’s psyche – cats, dogs, or, for example, an aquarium. For example, a specially trained dog can help diabetics diagnose low blood sugar levels.
In Western European psychotherapy, pet therapy is called pet therapy. In Russia, such an alternative medicine is called veterinary medicine (veterinary medicine). Dolphin therapy is a variant of this treatment.
It is used in dolphin houses, special swimming pools, and water parks, where various species of dolphins are stored, up to impressive large whales. Trained animal shows at fascinating water shows give adults and children great pleasure.
However, not only can these peaceful mammals have fun, they can help humans recover from serious illnesses. For the first time, dolphins were used for this purpose in the United States. In the Soviet Union, they were skeptical about this; in Russia, dolphin treatment has recently become widespread.
The International Institute of Dolphin Therapy (Evpatoria) has developed a special program called “Method of treatment of ultrasound with controlled radiation of dolphin zones”. The psychotherapy of this treatment is based on the positive effects of ultrasound from a dolphin on the patient’s body.
The course of dolphin treatment can vary, depending on the purpose of the treatment. After a thorough examination of the patient, the doctor decides this. Sometimes, to smooth out the negative manifestation of the disease and get a lasting positive effect, a few preventive cycles, 30 minutes each, may be enough. In more severe cases, up to 10 “conversations” with intelligent animals are necessary.
Dolphin therapy can be individualized, for example when a child is supervised by a trainer, psychologist, and veterinarian independently in communication with a trained dolphin. Parents can be present.
The treatment process can, however, be a group, for example when a group of adults or children swim and communicate with supervised dolphins, or a family if the family participates in a specific program for themselves.
Visits to dolphin therapy can have a positive effect on the course of many serious diseases, including hereditary ones. For example, for children with Down syndrome, when a child, due to a genetic defect, is born unhealthy, with abnormalities in mental and physical development.
Communication with dolphins is good for your well-being. Motor activity in the sea, in connection with the performance of special exercises, the crying that dolphins emit in the ultrasonic range, a great psychological effect from communication with large intelligent animals – all this has a positive effect on the body.
It is important to know! Communication with our smaller brothers and dolphins is such, this communication with the origin of our existence – with nature. And this is what the citizens need so much.
Tips for dolphin therapy in children and adults
Evidence for dolphin therapy is the number of diseases in adults and children. There are almost no age restrictions. Is it for children, for them, it is allowed from 6 months? After interacting with clever animals, kids and mature people get rid of stress, improve performance, attention, and memory and improve their mood.
Tips for dolphin therapy for children
Dolphin therapy is especially indicated for children. The pool, the sea, big kind dolphins, communication with them – all this leaves an unforgettable impression and has a positive effect on the child’s soul.
The benefits of dolphin therapy for young children are undoubtedly in the case of such diseases:
- Early (childhood) autism … Associated with disturbances in brain development. Usually appears at 3 years of age. When a child is unconnected, occupied, and constantly counting things, such as pencils on the table, this is already a sign of illness. With autism, dolphin therapy is the only method that helps the child’s social adjustment. A fun fool with big “fish” will help to get rid of silent concentration; the child will be more open and sociable.
- Immorality … Mild developmental disability when the IQ is at least 50 percent. Health treatment with dolphins has a positive effect on children with this stage of diagnosis. They become calmer and more balanced, not angry in communication.
- Certain Genetic Diseases … Let’s say Down’s syndrome. With this rare disease, the child becomes helpless; lack of communication often causes him aggression. Communication with dolphins helps such children to perceive the world correctly, to realize that there are many good colors in it, and not only is everything gloomy and sad.
- Mental disorders … This refers to developmental disabilities (PDD). It manifests itself in insufficient attention, disturbance of thought, memory, emotions, and willpower (perseverance, determination, and endurance). For children with such mental problems, a course in dolphin therapy is simply necessary. As a result of coach-physician-supervised meetings, negative mental processes are corrected until they disappear.
- Poor speech … When a child is silent until the age of two, it is difficult to pronounce individual phrases and when he is three years old, he cannot speak consistently. This is a sign of a delay in language development. It is necessary to talk to him as much as possible and teach him to talk. Dolphin treatment in this case is simply irreplaceable. The child has a happy, involuntary relationship with an affectionate and big “fish” and babbles something to her. And this is just necessary for the development of his vocabulary.
- Anxiety … If the child has an unstable nervous system that is easily agitated. Sea baths and dolphin treatment have a positive effect on such children. Cerebral stimulation processes are inhibited, and the body becomes balanced.
- Stuttering … Interacting with animals in the dolphin house, playing with them, and talking have a positive effect on the speech equipment. Sometimes a few cycles of “dolphin treatment” are enough for such a defect to go away forever. In severe cases, long-term hydrotherapy is required.
It is important to know! In children with mental disabilities, the treatment of dolphins helps to correct their behavior and emotions. This has a positive effect on well-being and promotes the child’s social integration.
Tips for dolphin therapy for adults
Dolphin therapy for adults is an indication of but is not limited to, a number of mental illnesses. General fatigue, constant irritability, when one is on the “nerves and”, stressful situations respond well to treatment in the dolphin house.
The benefits to adults of interacting with dolphins can be due to the following diseases:
- Depression … When anxiety, bad moods are constantly felt and the patient cannot explain the explanation. In this case, fun interactions with marine animals will help to improve your mood and feel the colors of life.
- Central nervous system (CNS) disorder … For example, there may be a vegetative and vascular disease, when the heart problem is disturbed, the pressure is low, and there is constant drowsiness. Exercising in a water park or dolphin house with trained dolphins will help relieve all of these symptoms.
- Stress … Due to inconsistencies, for example at work or after a serious injury, a person is in a stressful situation, life is seen in black light. The treatment process in the dolphin house and carefree communication under the supervision of marine experts will help to get out of this situation.
- Neurological disease (neurological disease) … is characterized by temporary disturbance of mental and physical performance, obsession, and hysteria. All of these manifestations are easy to correct in the dolphin hall. With a sufficient number of treatment sessions, they disappear completely.
- Hyperactivity … When the nervous system is unbalanced, as a result, a person reacts unsatisfactorily to a stimulus, such as a comment, and becomes agitated, which affects the behavior that becomes aggressive. In such people, dolphin therapy is a way to help calm nerves, calm down and not be anxious about the little things.
- Severe psychological trauma … can be obtained during an accident, natural disaster, military action, or fighting. Or let’s say a woman has been abused. The soul is in shock, evil thoughts follow me. Training sessions with dolphins will help restore mental health.
It is important to know! Dolphin therapy is unconventional psychotherapy. However, you should not treat her with suspicion. There is no harm in that, but the benefits are undeniable.
Contraindications to dolphin therapy
The benefits of dolphin treatment are indisputable. However, not all diseases are cured by it. It is unacceptable for various cancers. People who suffer from severe mental disorders, for example when there is a persistent personality disorder, should not visit the dolphin hall. Neglected diseases of the internal organs and skin (it can be complex) are also not under “dolphin treatment”.
Animals often get sick; they can get “human” wounds, for example, salmonella. Before choosing a dolphin house, you need to familiarize yourself with its activities: the official license to hold psychotherapy, what is the reputation of the organization, how visitors respond to water in the pool, and the condition and behavior of dolphins.
The main methods of dolphin treatment
Dolphin therapy is a whole arsenal of exercises that have a common effect on the body. The mainstay of treatment is to communicate with dolphins under the supervision of a trainer and a physician. Swimming in the sea, playing, and interacting with animals cause great feelings of joy. A powerful charge of adrenaline is released into the bloodstream, which has a positive effect on health and improves mood. And there are no exceptions – whether adults or children.
Consider the method of water psychotherapy using the example of treating a child with a corrective mental illness, for example, Down’s syndrome:
- In the first stage (preliminary) … Children are introduced to the image of marine animals. To do this, parents need to buy toys and pictures with his picture. By painting the drawings, the child gets to know an unusual creature, the parents talk about his good mood and love for a man. The psychologist shows a video in which dolphins take part in a brightly colored show, trying to mix the little patient in an imaginary game with a big unusual “fish”, to tune in to a wave of benevolent attitudes towards him.
- The second stage (start of contact) … The child is moved to the dolphin house. The doctor shows him dolphins and suggests playing with them – throwing, say, a ball into the water. The animal returns it, the child rejoices, and kind communication comes to the subconscious. The psychologist invites the child to lower his feet into the water, and “fish” frolic around them. At the coach’s command, she gradually narrows the circles and touches her wedge legs. It is a tangible touch that does not frighten the boy (girl) at all but gives pleasure.
- Stage three (communication) … The child is no longer afraid of touch, learns to greet the dolphin, and expresses his feelings when he appears. The game continues, the child, with the help of a coach, gently plunges into the water and is next to the “fish”, touches it, tries to talk, and swims with it.
- Fourth stage (permanent emotional contact) … When alertness and fear disappear completely and complete trust appears. The child splashes carelessly and plays with the dolphin, talks to him, and enjoys communication. At the end of the meeting, she learns to say goodbye to her new friend.
- Phase Five (Final Results) … Playing with dolphins, emotional and tactile touch goes without complications. The psychologist begins to implement his imaginary plan. For example, it teaches a child to concentrate, without being disturbed by noisy noise, to perform the tasks assigned to him.
It is important to know! Dolphins emit ultrasound, which has a positive effect on the psyche of children and adults at the cellular level.
Results of dolphin treatment
People who have undergone such alternative therapies are fully aware of the success of dolphin therapy. However, you need to understand that the main thing is medication, which involves taking medication prescribed by your doctor and undergoing the necessary procedures. And if given the opportunity to visit the dolphin house, it will only improve the prospects for recovery and make it more successful.
Dolphin treatment is beneficial for all categories of the nation, from infants to the elderly, and there is no difference – be it a boy or a girl, a man or a woman. The point is, that there are no contraindications to “dolphin therapy”.
For children with various mental or somatic disabilities, it is fun to play with dolphins; they do not realize the importance of such vivid communication with marine animals. But the effectiveness of dolphin treatment is very important for them. Some wounds can disappear forever, in more severe cases there is a permanent health improvement.
In adults, dolphin treatment helps to get rid of neurological disorders and mental states on the fringes, for example when the same annoying thoughts turn in the head or insomnia is painful. Positive results are achieved in the treatment of stress caused by accidents or various serious conflicts, for example in the home.
It is important to know! Dolphin therapy is not just a fashionable method. It is not a cure for all ailments, but it is an essential aid in the treatment and prevention of many serious diseases.
It is believed that all living things came out of the water. The genealogy of mankind is there – in the ocean. And back to its prehistoric origins is the interaction with the ancient representatives of the aquatic world, dolphins. They find their kinship with a man, which is why they treat people so well. This must be understood and evaluated. Animals help us get rid of wounds; we have to deal with them with our care for them.